Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pops checkin in

Things are cool out here in Plainfield. New mother Stacey runs the show for the most part and I chip in when I can but rocking a 60 + hour work week and being pops as well has proved challenging although rewarding. Last night Stacey left Reid and I alone together for the second time and I propped him up in the sitting position so we could watch tv. He just sat there checking it out and was a super good boy. Tonight i was holding him under his armpits and balancing him and he was standing by himself for brief moments but it is amazing how strong he is. His brother Jack has been perfect with him... maybe a little jealous but thats understandable. I try and give him extra love and he is cool with what he gets but its got to be hard to get bumped out of the spotlight. Stacey is so great with Reid, even in the wee hours when he wakes her she jumps up and i hear her saying mommy will look after you monkey. Monkey is what she calls him cause he flails his arms around and squirms like a monkey. I call him the snowman cause he was born during our first snowfall this winter and after Jerry Reed aka "the snowman" in the Smokey and the Bandit movies. He sure is a treat and it'll be even better when he doesn't shit his pants anymore... but they say don't wish time away because you can't get it back and he'll be grown before we know it and its true. A week will go by and he looks different and he does something new. I took pics on my phone last night and compared them with ones i took the week he was born and he's grown so much already, chubby little cheeks and growing out of clothes already! Well I gots to go its bedtime, its up at 4am to go to work to support my family. (and work towards a dirt bike for Reid)

No comments:

Post a Comment