Sunday, January 17, 2010

my ten year post

Hello Everyone,

I've been thinking for the last week about this post and to echo angela, i can't remember what i had for breakfast!  This will take me back to being 14 - and doesn't EVERYTHING seem monumental when you're 14?

In 2000, I survived Y2K!

Dad passed away in my graduating year of high school ('03) and that was particularly tough, on all of us kids.

We have the boring bit about finishing high school, working crappy part time jobs, etc.  Then, I graduated college with a GPA I was proud of. Got a job at a software company and got let go a year and a half later...that was a real eye opener and a blessing in hindsight.  I'm much happier now than I ever would have been there.

I became an Aunt when Jackie had Sierrah in April of 2007 and that's been pretty cool!

Later that year I bought my first car, the good old Saturn SL1.  It's been pretty good to me so far, and I''m hoping to have a lasting relationship with her, unlike my boyfriends over the last ten years!

I've had a few good vacations over the last few years., all of which I am sure I am still paying for.  Mexico in 2006, Vegas in 2007 and 2008 - all the trips have been a blast and I can't wait to do some more traveling.

In 2009, i narrowly escaped the Swine Flu, microwaved food in plastic containers and lived to tell the story!

That's about all that is coming to mind now, other than the ones already mentioned by everyone else.  I've become closer to my family in the last few years, for which I am so grateful for and have watched everyones lives change and grow as the years pass.  I love you all very much and am excited to see what the next decade holds for us!

I hope that those of us who need to make positive changes in life find the strength to make it happen, and those of us who need a miracle, get just that...love you guys oxoox

2 comments:

  1. I love reading all of your posts and the 10 year reminders are really making me say "Oh yeah, I forgot about that one". Not that I really forgot but I do forget how quickly time passes. I think our family ties are stronger than ever and I look forward to whatever the next 10 years brings our way.
    As I said before, I KNOW one of us will win a lottery! You're right Stacey, money doesn't buy happiness but it sure would make life a lot easier and that is my wish for each of you. If someday I call and ask you for your banking info just trust me OK?
    Keep us posted everyone...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I like to say....money doesnt buy happiness but neither does poverty! éveryone buy a lotto ticket this weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete