Thursday, February 24, 2011

Now for the senior member's update...

Wow, it has been so long since I even remembered to check the family blog that I had lots of reading to do. Fortunately, I do get to speak to most of you quite often so I haven't really missed anything...other than the details that are so much fun to read.
Jim and I are doing fine. He did have a bit of a health scare at Christmas time which thankfully turned out to be a pinched nerve in his neck. Not that we're thankful for that but very thankful that it was not more serious as the symptoms suggested.
With the forceful input of our darling daughter, the trip to emergency has convinced him that it is time to see a doctor for more than medication and have a long overdue checkup. The last one he had was in 1973 when he was hired at Air Canada!! He took the first steps this week and went for some blood work - doctor appointment on Monday.
Our precious Lauryn has given us both another excellent reason to "clean up" and stay healthy for a very long time!

I can't even begin to tell you how much this little gift has changed our lives - although if I speak to you often you already know (sorry if I go on and on and on...).
Lisa sends me photos almost daily and phones every day. Lauryn often wants to speak to me although occasionally says "nope". Sometimes she babbles, sometimes she says absolutely nothing. Every time we talk she hits a phone button or two and always ends the conversation with a big "muahhh".
We love spending as much time as possible with her and can't wait until she wants to visit Nana and Grampa for school vacations although I don't want her to ever grow up.

Maybe time to move closer to Oshawa???!!! Just finished doing a bit of decorating here so that usually means it's time to move...

I am still working way too many hours. The 'one day a week dentist bookkeeping job' has turned into full time looking after 3 of his practices. I also still work for Glenn 3 days a week from home. Oh well, it is my choice to work so much. I figure as long as the brain still works I may as well try to increase my CPP benefits as much as possible which, by the way, I will be eligible to collect this year! Can you believe that?!? As long as I can take the time for a Bingo night with Norma, I'm good!

As for a family activity this summer, I'm with Norma. Get together absolutely but unfortunately unable to participate in the physical challenges. My team mates tend to run me into a tree to eliminate me and not hurt my feelings! lol.

OK, time to say goodnight. Please keep on posting!

Love to you all,

Me & Jim

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment