Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Deep Thoughts

Whenever I mow the lawn deep thoughts swim around in my brain. It takes me a good hour to do it and after fifteen minutes or so i get bored... then my mind travels. Tonight it took me back to 1998, Stacey and I were living in Oshawa and she was working with Lorraine in Mississauga. She forced me to attend a christmas party at a place called Jonny O's in Brampton. We arrived and I was surprised to see the resturant was closed for everyone but us. The night was good and everyone was super nice but I felt kind of out classed. Staceys boss was telling me he had just pre ordered a porche boxter another lady was a flight attendant who had just flew in from somewhere and was heading back out shortly. They asked me about my job and I told them I drove truck which i was kind of embarassed about. They drank scotch and wine and I was drinking beer. They looked like money and Stacey and I barely had enough to put gas in the car to get there. After the meal and some drinks Stacey and I ended up a one of the reps house named Peter. He had a beautiful house and we were downstairs drinking with him and his cat. After a few whiskeys we talked and he told us a story about how things went down with his life. He had put ten or twelve years in at CP or CN and then they had a massive restucture and he was laid off. To make things better his wife had divorced him and he blew threw his severance to the point where he was'nt sure if he could feed both himself and the cat. His friend (Staceys boss) then offered him a job and he had built his way back out of the gutter. His story was amazing but he was not telling us because he was looking for sympathy, he told us because he saw our wide eyes and empty wallets and said just keep working hard and it will come to you. Tonight I was out front mowing away and I admired at our house, then the two fine automobiles dressed in black in the driveway. Then I saw the smokin hot redhead in window waving at me, my demon child growing in her belly, my best friend Jack laying on the steps watching my every move... How does life get any better than this? Then the lawn was cut end of story.

6 comments:

  1. We love you. Your such a good man...... and soon to be father. I am so happy for you guys....I cant wait to meet my little "demon" niece or nephew. Keep on mowin' !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. You should never feel "outclassed". You and your smokin' hot redhead have more class than all porsche drivers put together. You so deserve everything you've worked so hard for and makes you proud today! Thanks for sharing your deep thoughts. You are one of the reasons our family is so amazing and we can't wait to meet and welcome the "demon" child as part ot the new generation. Love you lots Dusty!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I am in tears at work! Thanks Tim! I think the is probably one of the most touching stories I have EVER read. This is beautiful. Definetly a lesson for us all.
    Lots of love to you, the smokin hot red head, your best friend Jack and the demon child!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tim, I am lucky to have you as my friend, that fact that you are family is a bonus for all of us. Lots of us have felt those kind of feelings, but not many of us shared them with our family. Thanks buddy, your the best!
    And yes, she is a beauty...and we can't wait for that "demon" child...ha ha.
    Love ya bunches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tim, for such a jackass (haha), that was an awesome story :) It's easy to forget how lucky we are when it feels like we keep getting kicked when we're down. We all have a wonderful family to be thankful for, and I'm glad you are part of it! Love you lots, but I have one question...what was the cat doing drinking?!

    xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were you sitting by the truth fire with the lap top..is that why you had to replace it..lol..you are awesome..luv you all..xxoo

    ReplyDelete